Home-Based businesses are allowed if it merely serves as the base of operations. Requirements for a home-based business license are:
- Completion of our Home-Based Occupational Tax Application Form (PDF) (Notarized where applicable)
- Georgia Driver’s License OR Georgia State Issued ID reflecting your primary Henry County residence.
- Any state issued professional license that may apply. (electrician, plumber, master cosmetology, real estate, ect.)
- Any incorporated (Inc.) or limited liability corporation (LLC) updated paperwork from the Secretary of State if applicable
- Occupational Tax Certificates are renewed on a calendar year basis. Expires on December 31 of the year the application is submitted to our office.
- Applications are void after 60 days
If you need additional pages, please view the Occupational Tax Forms page.
Home Occupation Ordinance
You must agree to abide by the Home Occupation Ordinance (PDF). You must also bring proof of residency (Driver's license with correct address). Home-Based businesses must have a residential address. Post Office or UPS boxes do not qualify for a home-based address.
New business applications are accepted in person by appointment only or you can apply online.
We accept cash, checks, and credit cards as form of payment. For any further questions, please contact us.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for completion of your application.