Home-Based Occupational Tax Application
Home-Based businesses are allowed if it merely serves as the base of operations. Requirements for a home-based business license are:
- Completion of our Home-Based Occupational Tax Application Form (PDF) (Notarized where applicable)
- Georgia Driver’s License OR Georgia State Issued ID reflecting your primary Henry County residence.
- Any state issued professional license that may apply. (electrician, plumber, master cosmetology, real estate, ect.)
- Any incorporated (Inc.) or limited liability corporation (LLC) updated paperwork from the Secretary of State if applicable
- Occupational Tax Certificates are renewed on a calendar year basis. Expires on December 31 of the year the application is submitted to our office. Fees are assessed at the time of submission.
- Applications are void after 60 days if not completed It is the company's responsibility to notify the Occupational Tax Department of any changes or closure involved with the business. Non-payment does not indicate the business is not operating and we are not notified if you cancel any service you may have with the Secretary of State.
If you need additional pages, please view the Occupational Tax Forms page.
Home Occupation Ordinance
You must agree to abide by the Home Occupation Ordinance (PDF). You must also bring proof of residency (Driver's license with correct address). Home-Based businesses must have a residential address. Post Office or UPS boxes do not qualify for a home-based address.
We accept cash, checks, and credit cards as form of payment. For any further questions, please contact us.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for completion of your application.