Vehicle emissions inspections are required every year for applicable vehicles. The inspection station electronically transmits your emissions report to our database. Vehicle year models 1999 to 2020 require a passing emissions inspection to renew your license plate in 2023.
Senior exemption must meet all 3 qualifications:
- First owner on registration must be at least 65 years of age.
- Vehicle must be at least 10 years old.
- Must travel less than 5,000 miles per year. You must submit your current odometer reading and sign an application for the exemption each year. The odometer must be in working condition to receive the exemption. View Senior Exemption Application (PDF) or complete the form on the Clean Air Force website.
The following vehicles are exempt from emissions testing:
- Vehicles 25 years or older.
- Vehicles powered by diesel fuel.
- Vehicles with a GVWR of 8,500 lbs or more.
- Vehicle less than 3 years old.
Military Emission Extension
Out of area extensions are available for military, out of area students and for out of area business reasons. For information concerning out of area emissions extensions visit the Clean Air Force website Out of Area webpage.